The Mechanobiology Institute has a commitment to safety
MBI is committed to the safety and health of every person working in the Institute. This responsibility extends to all staff, students, research partners, contractors and other visitors to the Institute.
The MBI safety and health (S & H) policies are as follows:
1. MBI prevents and minimizes the occurrence of injury & ill-health through proactive hazards identification, risk assessment and implementation of risk control measures.
2. MBI takes all reasonable efforts and measures to achieve and maintain compliance with the applicable national S & H legislations, NUS S & H policy, directives, and good practices.
3. MBI ensures that all S & H matters are communicated to all persons working under the control of the Institute with the intent that they are aware of their individual S & H obligations.
4. MBI maintains sufficient resources for the implementation of its S & H management system. This S & H management system will be subjected to periodic review for continual improvement of its management and performance.
5. MBI is committed towards building a positive S & H culture.