Seeking Junior HPC Engineer, Mechanobiology Institute, National University of Singapore
The NUS Mechanobiology Institute is seeking a High-Performance Computational (HPC) Engineer/Scientist. This position will participate in the support of our Linux based high-performance computing, storage, and networking environment used by our research scientists, staff and students.
Primary position responsibilities include:
- Administration and operation of several HPC Linux clusters, storage, networking and associated system and application software.
- Understand and work with parallel file systems, HPC cluster management software, and HPC job scheduler software.
- Troubleshooting hardware, software, operating systems and networking as necessary.
- Work with our software engineer to support our AI/DL applications and our desktop engineer to help with user problems as required.
The position will work directly with the IT Facilities Manager and IT staff. Good customer service skills and written and oral communication are required.
The possibility exists for interested applicants to participate with MBI PIs on HPC related research projects with inclusion in their research publications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related science or engineering field,
- Experience with Linux HPC technology or a combination of relevant education
- Experience, and training either as a student or intern,
- Several years of experience working in a computing intensive research or related environment in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree will be considered.
Demonstrated ability to communicate high level complex technical instructions to a general audience both verbally and in writing and must be conversant and fluent in English.