Gareth E Jones
Professor of Cell Biology, King’s College London
Randall Division of Cell & Molecular Biophysics
21 NOV 2014 – 22 DEC 2014
Understanding the molecular mechanisms regulating directed cell migration and adhesion turnover.
AREAS OF STUDY
• Actin cytoskeleton in cell motility
• Role of WASp family members in cell motility
• Signal transduction pathways from cytokine & chemokine receptors
• Rho protein GTPases and the cytoskeleton
• PI-3 kinase signalling to the cytoskeleto
• Cell polarity and chemotaxis in migrating cells
ABOUT PROF JONES
Professor Jones currently advises the Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory regarding the selection of themes for their annual conferences.
He is also a regular referee for several renowned academic journals including Nature, Nature Cell Biology, Journal of Cell Biology, Journal of Cell Science, Development, EMBO Journal, Cytoskeleton, Journal of Biological Chemistry, Current Biology, and Developmental Cell.